Eat, Drink, Live

Eat, Drink, Live.

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Eataly: Feast and Be Amazed

Yes, this is heaven. Yes, it does exist.
Today was the first day that it was a): actually warm(ish) outside and b): I had some free time. So, I made my way, for the very first time, to Eataly, Mario Batali's Italian marketplace, or as I like to call it, Food Mecca.

Eataly opened in early December, and ever since, I had been dying to go. Since my girlfriends and I are having a Valentine's with wine and chocolate, I figured I would stop and pick up some amazing cheese and a fresh loaf of bread for our feast tomorrow.

I knew Eataly was going to be big, but I was fully unprepared for the amount of stuff that is inside! The
This is real life.
place is massive, boasting nine restaurants, 6 fresh food departments including meat, fish, handmade pasta, a bakery, and an espresso cafe, gelato, and Nutella bar (yes, a Nutella bar), it was almost overwhelming. 

I was on a mission, and a budget. Making my way up the stairs to the bakery, I bought a traditional loaf and some delicious looking soft cheese, while also browsing the imported pastas, sauces, alcohol, salumi, and kitchen gadgets. Eataly was expensive, but I cannot wait to go back and actually take my time
Say cheese. The selection is out of this world. 
exploring it, in all its magnificence, with a little cash to blow and someone to enjoy a nice glass of wine and a big bowl of gelato with.

After our Valentine's Day dinner, I'll report back on the quality of the bread and cheese I purchased. Although, I am certain it is going to be delicious, considering the loaf was warm when I picked it up, and cheese, being the mother of all foods, is going to be scrumptious no matter what. I'm planning on going back, though, and reveling in all that Eataly has to offer. So far, I am impressed, and I can't wait to return, hungry for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment