Eat, Drink, Live

Eat, Drink, Live.

Saturday, November 16, 2013

Bobby Flay's Sweet Potato Gratin - Recipe


The weather in Chicago this week officially crossed over from cool fall to cold winter, and when I need to be warmed up, and sweet potatoes may be the king of winter foods.

I cannot take credit for this recipe, although it is one of my favorites. Bobby Flay's Sweet Potato Gratin is the ultimate comfort food. I LOVE this recipe. With only 3 ingredients (plus a little S&P), it's perfect for a college student like me, especially since sweet potatoes are only 99 cent/pound at my grocery store. Though the dish is not necessarily healthy, sometimes you need something a little rich...especially when you're like me and refuse to turn the heat on until at least November.


Spicy, sweet, creamy, crunchy...this sweet potato dish is a perfect marrying of flavors and textures I love. I've included a picture of mine below, but here's a link to Bobby's recipe! In my version, I used half-and-half instead of heavy cream, and I sprinkled a tiny bit of cinnamon on top, because cinnamon and sweet potatoes are a wonderful pair! You can make these as spicy or as mild as you'd like by adding more or less adobo sauce (chipotle puree). But be careful! Don't overdo the adobo...the first time my family made these potatoes, we really underestimated the power of that stuff!

Bon Appetit, everyone! Happy fall!


No comments:

Post a Comment