Eat, Drink, Live

Eat, Drink, Live.

Saturday, November 16, 2013

Plum and Pork Pizzas - Recipe


Plums are in season, and they've successfully checked all of the boxes on my must-have list for buying food: They're cheap, they're fresh, they're nutritious, and they're delicious.

Last week, I had some leftover pulled pork in the freezer and I thought...pork and plums seem like a really good pair. And so the pork and plum pizza was born...and was a big hit.


Especially if you don't know what to do with some leftover pulled pork (but you could definitely sub chicken or even pork tenderloin), this recipe is quick, easy, and delicious.

Plum and Pork Pizzas

Cook Time: 20 mins.
Serves: 2

Ingredients:
2 tbs. olive oil
1 plum (figs would also be excellent!)
Fresh rosemary
Fresh Basil
Balsamic Glaze
Pulled Pork (or other meat...or no meat!)
1 oz Brie Cheese
Naan Bread (when I first made this, I used pitas because my grocer didn't have Naan!)

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

Cover a large baking sheet with aluminum foil. Take the Naan breads and rub them on both sides with olive oil. Cut the basil into small ribbons and sprinkle the basil and rosemary on the topside of each flatbread. (use as much or as little as you like)

Cut the plum into thin slices (1/4 inch thick or less) and layer evenly over the Naan bread. Sprinkle the pre-cooked pulled pork over the plums. (For mine, I really didn't use that much pork...in this recipe, I think less is more!)

Cut the brie into small pieces and distribute evenly over the top of the pizza. (I also added some feta to mine...it was delicious!) Drizzle balsamic glaze over the top.

Bake for 15 minutes or until cheese has melted.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment