Eat, Drink, Live

Eat, Drink, Live.

Saturday, November 16, 2013

Single Serving Succulence: Chocolate Chip Mug Cake - Recipe


"Everywhere I travel, tiny life. Single-serving sugar, single-serving cream, single pat of butter. The microwave Cordon Bleu hobby kit. Shampoo-conditioner combos, sample-packaged mouthwash, tiny bars of soap. The people I meet on each flight? They’re single-serving friends."

Fight Club has long been one of my favorite movies, so a few nights ago when I was craving just one single-serving cake, I couldn't help but think of that line from the movie. So in the name of Tyler Durden, I made myself a single serving cake. In two minutes. In the microwave. How awesome is that?!


I've seen these microwave dessert recipes all over Pinterest and other  websites for a while now. And in the spirit of single-servings (as I had made a single-serving chicken cheddar orzo soup for dinner--recipe to follow soon!), I decided that it was time I give it a try.

Making a cake in the microwave in two minutes seems like a miracle, and it kind of was! I was surprised at how well it turned out. My cake was moist and the perfect size. I can't wait to try some other flavors or varied versions in the future. It was just that easy! It is also a really great recipe for kids.

So here's my recipe for a single-serving chocolate chip microwave cake with cream cheese "frosting," and I hope you'll give it a shot! No egg, no oil! I use apple sauce as a low-calorie alternative! So next time you have a single-serving craving, you definitely won't regret making this quick and easy, and low(er) calorie recipe.

Single Serving Chocolate Chip Mug Cake with Cream Cheese "Frosting"

Ingredients:

Chocolate Chip Mug Cake


  • 4 tbs. flour
  • 3 tbs. sugar
  • 1/2 tsp. baking powder
  • 3 tbs. unsweetened applesauce
  • Splash of vanilla extract
  • Small handful Chocolate Chips
  • Sprinkle of salt
  • Sprinkle of cinnamon 


Easy Cream Cheese "Frosting"


  • 1 tsp. cream cheese
  • 1 tsp. marshmallow fluff 


Procedure

For easier cleanup, spray the mug with a nonstick cooking spray and simply mix all of the ingredients for the chocolate chip mug cake in a very large mug (seriously, the biggest one you have).

Microwave on high for 2 minutes.

In the meantime, mix together 1 tsp. of cream cheese and 1 tsp. of marshmallow fluff for the frosting. When the cake is done, remove from the microwave and either let cool or frost right away if you want a runny glaze. Garnish with a sprinkle of cinnamon.

Seriously, it's that easy. Enjoy! </span>

No comments:

Post a Comment