Eat, Drink, Live

Eat, Drink, Live.

Saturday, November 16, 2013

Pinterest Deliciousness: Some of My New Favorite Recipes - Obsession


I love Pinterest--even if I don't follow a recipe 100 percent, it still gives me some great ideas and I've learned things that I never would have thought to do before.


If you're not on Pinterest, make an account! It's all about discovery! And it can be particularly useful if you're looking for ways to use a specific ingredient or need a new appetizer idea for an upcoming party. The recipes on the website range from easy to complicated, from fancy dishes to comfort foods.

Pinterest is particularly useful for new cooks, too. One of my aunts (who shall remain nameless) did not ever cook, but the step-by-step pictures on Pinterest have helped her to expand her cooking horizons, and she made a delicious spaghetti dish and cake dip for our Christmas family gathering last year.

I thought I should share some of the Pinterest recipes that I've tried recently that have been AMAZING. We could all use some quick and easy recipes to put into our meal plan rotations, and these have all been incredibly easy and yummy, too! Switch up your routine and try something new! It may even become a new staple.

If you have any links to Pinterest recipes that you find yourself frequenting, post them in the comments! I'd love to see what everyone else out there is cooking!

This Grilled Peach Salad tastes like summer!
This Grilled Peach Salad with Mozzarella and Arugula was one of my first Pinterest recipes. With fresh peaches, this was to die for! The dressing was also delicious, and I found myself making it for other salads, as well!

This recipe is called the "World's Best Chicken," and though it may not be the world's best (see my post about the Athenian Room's Katamala Chicken), it is really, really good. I made this recipe in the crock pot instead of the oven. It was juicy, the marinade created a yummy glaze, and the chicken was PACKED with flavor.

I made a lot of  Sweet Potatoes with Cilantro-Lime Dressing, but just two of us at them all...unfortunately no leftovers for us! The dressing is the perfect compliment to the sweetness of the potato.

These Breakfast Ham Cups are a big hit in my family for breakfast, especially if we have guests. I never would have thought of doing this, but it's such a great idea! They'd also be so easy to make and take on the go!

I love Cooking Light magazine and their website, and this Provençale Chicken Dinner might be the easiest recipe I've ever made. It's also filling and delicious.

As I try new recipes, I'll be sure to post! Keep cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment