Eat, Drink, Live

Eat, Drink, Live.

Saturday, November 16, 2013

Healthy Fall Breakfast - Cinnamon Apple Greek Yogurt Parfait



Try this autumn breakfast parfait for a sweet and satisfying breakfast treat!
I've been eating apples like a fiend lately, and this morning as I was looking at the most perfectly round and shiny apple I've ever seen sitting on my counter, I decided to throw together a delicious and healthy fall breakfast-- a Cinnamon Apple Greek Yogurt Parfait. Packed with protein, probiotics, immune-boosting cinnamon, and a shave of dark chocolate for an added treat, this fall breakfast is sure to satisfy your tastebuds and an empty stomach!


I sliced up my apple, cutting it into small, bite-sized pieces. In another bowl, I mixed together some of my favorite plain greek yogurt (Fage), cinnamon, and a dash of sweetener. I used Torani Sugar Free Salted Caramel syrup for a caramel apple flavor, but you could use any sweetener--maple syrup, honey, stevia...whatever floats your boat! I combined the ingredients thoroughly and spooned the mixture on top of my beautiful fuji apple. I topped the whole thing off with a sprinkle of almond slivers (pecans would be fabulous, too!), coconut, and using my microplane, I shaved just a bit of Dove dark chocolate on top for an added treat!

This parfait oozes fall flavors, which I absolutely love. It'll keep me full until I get a chance to eat lunch (probably not until 3:00...yikes!), and I feel as though I've indulged in a sweet treat, even though it's an extremely wholesome meal. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and an apple a day keeps the doctor away, so make your breakfast count and indulge in a sweet breakfast treat without feeling guilty!

Bon Appétit!

No comments:

Post a Comment